GENERAL / TECHNICAL / PAYMENT
Who do I contact for further assistance?
Can I order Samples?
Yes! We can offer you up to 6 colour samples of all of our product ranges free of charge. Please drop us an email to request or choose the colour sample here
How do I place my order?
Your order is placed through our website, where the payment will be taken. Please be reassured however that one of our team will call you directly to discuss your order and check through all details before it is put into production.
Can I alter my order once it has been placed?
We do have a step in place for this after you click ‘place your order’. You will be contacted by one of our sales team to confirm all details of your order before it is put into production, this is to ensure you are happy with all aspects. Once the order is in production however, amendments can not be made due to the bespoke nature of all of our products.
Do you offer a measure & fitting service?
If you decide that DIY is not for you and that you would prefer to look at a full measure & fitting service, our sister business The Shutter Shop would be delighted to assist you – please be aware that different charges do apply. Contact us to find out more and to see if we service your area.
How do I pay for my order?
Card Payments are taken in full by our online payment provider at checkout.
Do you have a showroom?
Our sister Business The Shutter Shop has a showroom in London, if you would like to book an appointment to view any of our products they would be delighted to assist you. Address – 102 Waterford Road, London, SW6 2HA.
Do your products come from sustainable sources?
Our manufacturer works hard on using the most sustainable materials and manufacturing processes available. Using sustainable wood is of huge importance to us.
The woods we use in our shutters come from sustainable plantations, which means the trees are harvested in monitored plantations and using tree types that regrow fast. The hardwoods that we use in our shutters are Paulownia, Ayous Hardwood & white teak. Due to the fact that these woods are highly suited to crafting shutters and Venetian blinds it means that they will go the distance and last a long time.
What are your lead times?
Where is my order?
For an update on the status of your order please contact our sales team on email@example.com or call 0203 771 3892 with your order number.
What are your delivery charges?
Where do you deliver to?
We deliver our products throughout mainland UK. However please be aware that there may be additional charges for shipping to highlands and Islands. We do not currently deliver directly to Northern Ireland. Please contact us directly if you have any questions regarding shipping.
What is your returns policy?
Unfortunately due to the bespoke nature of our products being custom made to your windows we are unable to accept returns. However – please be reassured we are here to support you at every stage of the measuring & ordering process!
How do I measure for shutters?
How do I fit my shutters?
Please follow our step by step installation guide to install your Shutters.
What are the different shutter materials you offer?
We currently offer 6 shutter materials.
- Antigua – Our most popular range due to its quality and cost! Antigua is our entry level MDF product. Available in 9 different shades.
- Bermuda – Crafted from a blend of MDF and ABS plastic, available in 23 paint colours, they are a highly durable lightweight shutter option making them a great choice for large windows.
- Cuba – Our entry-level hardwood shutter manufactured from a mix of sustainable hardwood panels, but with a MDF frame. Due to the hardwood panels it is a lighter weight option than a purely MDF shutter, making it versatile & practical whilst also affordable for a hardwood product. Available in 23 colours.
- Fiji – Crafted from the highest quality & sustainably sourced hardwoods and are excellent at keeping homes cool in the summer months and warm in the winter. Incredibly lightweight they are well suited for large or more complicated shaped windows. Available in an outstanding array of colours and wood stains so that the natural grain of the wood can be visible
- Java – Java ABS shutters are 100% water resistant. This feature makes them perfect for bathrooms and kitchens where the shutters may be subject to condensation and wet conditions. ABS, is a lightweight hardwearing plastic, a much more elegant material than vinyl, often used for manufacturing cheaper shutters.
- Solid raised – Often seen as a more classic and traditional look, solid panels are designed without louvres and privacy and light is controlled entirely by opening and closing the panels. Made using the highest quality hardwood they are beautifully crafted and create a simple and stylish look.
What are the different shutter styles you offer?
- Cafe Style Shutters – In Cafe style, the shutters will cover the lower portion of the window. An ideal and very attractive solution for windows on the ground floor overlooking a street or pavement or for first floor bedrooms and bathrooms requiring privacy and plenty of light. Check out our Product Gallery for Inspiration!
- Tier on Tier Shutters – In Tier on Tier they are one of our most versatile shutter ranges and provide you with the maximum level of flexibility in regards to your lighting and privacy requirements. With a similar look to that of a full height shutter, they cover the whole window but have separate top and bottom panels that can open independently of one another. Check out our Product Gallery for Inspiration!
What is a louvre?
A louvre is also referred to as a slat. It is the element of the shutter panel which can be opened, tilted and closed to allow different levels of light into your room. It is available to you in different width sizes – 47mm, 63mm, 76mm, 89mm, and 114mm
What is a mid rail?
A mid rail is used with Full Height Shutters. It is a solid section in the middle of the shutter panels which can allow for additional support with larger panels and also is a way of providing additional flexibility as it allows for you to control the upper and lower louvres independently. Further details in our Shutter Measuring guides.
What is a tilt rod?
The Tilt rod refers to the mechanism that operates the louvres. There are different options of tilt rod available to you – central, offset and hidden.
Where are your shutters manufactured?
Our Shutters are manufactured in China and distributed by S:Craft. We have incredibly long standing relationships with both our manufacturer and distributor.
The shutter market has grown from strength to strength and boomed in popularity over the years. With all expanding markets, there are good companies and bad ones and likewise the quality of products varies too. As Our Shutters are supplied by the UK’s leading supplier of interior shutters, S:Craft we know that our customers are getting the best.
The manufacturer of our shutters is based China and is the largest and most advanced market leader for manufacturing. They stand apart from other manufacturers, who continually mimic their products with varying degrees of success. Some of their competitors start manufacturing and within a year disappear without a trace, whilst others struggle on.
The main difference between our manufacturer and many of the smaller companies is that the smaller ones just don’t have the quality control or infrastructure to produce a first rate product time and time again. Our manufacturer regularly tests their components for the ability to withstand both UV and moisture.
The factory also has a labyrinth of extractor pipes making it a safe place for their employees to work. These subtle differences between their manufacturing techniques and those of other factories, make their product, we believe, the best in the world Second to that we also go out to China every year to check on the process ourselves to make sure that it passes our own quality control. We have every confidence that we provide not only the best quality shutter in the UK but in the world.
Manufacturing in China means that the cost of producing on a large scale is lower than producing anywhere else in the world and this cost reflects in the final price of your shutters. Although everything is produced in a large factory everything is made by hand so no big machines mass producing your products
What is the difference between your shutters and other competitors?
Our shutters are manufactured using the finest quality materials, using the most advanced manufacturer, most established distributor and we offer the most comprehensive range in the UK. We have over 30 years of expertise so strongly believe that we are the most experienced and knowledgeable shutter supplier in the UK.
What to do if my shutters do not fit?
By following our step by step measuring guide and discussing your order in detail with our sales team we really hope that this should not happen. Please do contact us if you have issues when installing the shutters as we may hopefully be able to advise a way to get them to fit – however due to the bespoke nature of the products we can not accept returns. Please also be aware that if you change your windows after taking your measurements and placing your order, we can not guarantee that the shutters will still fit!
How do I measure for blinds?
Please follow our step by step measuring & installation guide to measure your blinds.
How do I fit my blinds?
Please follow our step by step measuring & installation guide to measure your blinds.
Where are your Venetian Blinds manufactured?
Our Venetian Blinds are manufactured in China and distributed by S:Craft. We have incredibly long standing relationships with both our manufacturer and distributor.
Where are your Honeycomb Blinds manufactured?
Our Honeycomb Blinds are manufactured in China.
What Blind ranges do you offer?
What to do if my blind doesn’t fit?
By following our step by step measuring guide and discussing your order in detail with our sales team we really hope that this should not happen. Please do contact us if you have issues when installing the blinds as we may hopefully be able to advise a way to get them to fit – however due to the bespoke nature of our products we can not accept returns. Please also be aware that if you change your windows after taking your measurements and placing your order, we can not guarantee that the blinds will still fit!
How do I clean my Shutters and Blinds?
Maintenance & cleaning is key to long lasting products! Please check out our Cleaning & Maintenance guide.